The Maspie Den – help us with our crowdfunding campaign
Love the Maspie Den? We all do. Unfortunately a combination of natural erosion combined with footfall and heavy rain is leading to parts of the Maspie Den becoming badly eroded. We are taking action!
Over the last few months we have closing off sections to allow the biodiversity a chance to recover and our great volunteering team led by our Ranger Sam have been out and about fixing fences and improving drainage on the lower Maspie Paths. However, it’s not enough and we need to bring in specialist contractors to assist with the repairs to the Upper Maspie and round the Yad Waterfall.
What can you do to help?
- Pledge towards our crowdfunding campaign! Please check it out. There are some great rewards on offer!
- Choose an alternative place to walk. There are miles of paths on Falkland Estate! Some options are on our Where to Visit page, or pop in to the Information Hub and ask us.
- If you do walk up the Maspie Den, please respect the signs – if we close off a section, please do not cross over the barriers.
- Keep dogs on leads so they do not scramble up and down banks.
- Please keep to the paths.
- Report any erosion or damage to our Ranger, Sam Docherty or call the office on 01337 858838.
- For more information on the Maspie, download our Maspie Den Newsletter.