The Maspie Den
Love the Maspie Den? We all do. Unfortunately a combination of natural erosion combined with footfall is leading to parts of the Maspie Den becoming badly eroded. We need to take action. Over the coming months we will be closing off sections to allow the biodiversity a chance to recover. What can you do to help?
- Choose an alternative place to walk. There are miles of paths on Falkland Estate! Some options are on our Where to Visit page, or pop in to the Information Hub and ask us.
- If you do walk up the Maspie Den, please respect the signs – if we close off a section, please do not cross over the barriers.
- Keep dogs on leads so they do not scramble up and down banks.
- Please keep to the paths.
- Report any erosion or damage to our Ranger, Sam Docherty or call the office on 01337 858838.
- For more information on the Maspie, download our Maspie Den Newsletter.