Please note you must meet Community Jobs Scotland criteria to apply for this post.
The WoodWorks Assistant’s post is an exciting and varied position. You will get the chance to work in a newly opened Woodland and Forestry Centre and work alongside young people who are interested in developing careers in wood and woodlands. You will work in a small team and receive good supervision. The WoodWorks Assistant will carry out a variety of tasks including:
- Opening & closing workshop so studio holders have access when required
- Keeping the main workshop clean & tidy e.g. tools are put back in correct place
- Bins going out
- Ensuring compost toilets are clean
- Opening up at events such as open studios
- Sometimes helping updating website
- Ensuring kitchen is clean & stocked
- Helping with enquiries from customers as well as potential studio members
- Helping to organise events and workshops
- An organised person
- A desire to learn and develop
- Good timekeeping
- Good team player though can work well on own
- A willingness to develop skills and learn on the job Good interpersonal skills Basic literacy and numeracy
Operate in a responsible manner and in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Desirable but not essential:
- An interest and some experience of working with your hands in a practical way e.g. a woodworking course at school.
- An interest in the environment.
- Full clean driving licence (age appropriate)
Hours: a minimum of 25 per week (weekend working may be required). £national minimum wage
How To Apply:
To apply, you MUST contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form (we cannot receive applications without this).