VENUE AND EVENTS ASSISTANT x2
Please note you must meet Community Jobs Scotland criteria to apply for these posts.
This is a great chance for someone interested in working with the public and enjoys events and hospitality. You will join the events and venue team at the Centre for Stewardship. Working to the Events and Venue manager you will be part of this team delivering high quality venue facilities to our customers. You will also work in our new Information Hub selling refreshments to visitors and providing them with information on the Estate.
This is a varied job and the following tasks and duties will be involved:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Helping in practical ways to ensure the facilities are kept in good order (e.g. cleaning)
- Making sure the Information Hub is well stocked up with sellable goods and free leaflets.
- Assisting with set up and delivery of events (including weddings) such as the upkeep of the facilities, provision of refreshments, making sure IT equipment is working and other needs as required by delegates and participants.
- Working a till and handling cash
- Attending meetings with the events and venue team as well as wider team meetings.
- Work with volunteers
- Providing other support as required by the Events and Venue Manager.
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Good communication skills
- Some use of computers
- A desire to learn and develop
- A welcome and friendly manner
- Willing to help maintain facilities to a high standard.
- An interest in the work we do e.g. care for the environment
Hours: a minimum of 25 per week (weekend working will be required). £national minimum wage
How To Apply:
To apply, you MUST contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access an CJS application form (we cannot receive applications without th